Did you perchance read the JDK1.4 HOWTO in the mail archives?

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert J. Lebowitz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: lunes, 11 de marzo de 2002 23:01
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Headless Server, and yes, I read the FAQ and manual

This one has me really stumped.

Here's my system configuration:

RedHat Linux 7.2
Tomcat 4.01
Cocoon CVS HEAD distribution
J2sdk1.4.0
Xvfb

About a week and a half ago, I downloaded all of the above and built a
working Cocoon 2.0 system.  I had to compile my own cocoon.war since
there are some incompatibilities with the binary built with jdk 1.3 that
I was aware of from reading this list.

Everything seems to work reasonably well, except the svg stuff, but that
wasn't important to me, the pdf stuff seems to work fine (so far).

Today, I set up a second server, very similar hardware, same software.
Yet, I continually get that darn error informing me that  Cocoon can't
connect to the X Server, and can't compile the sitemap.  Now, that is
very odd since I'm using the same exact startup scripts, etc.  and the
Xvfb is running in the background when I get this error.

here's another weird problem.  I tried commenting out the references to
the svgserializer and and the pdfserializer and nothing works at all.
My system just seems to hang endlessly.

I've kind of exhausted all the known workarounds.  As I indicated
earlier, I'm especially puzzled because this works just fine on my other
server.

Rob