Aloha Cocooners,

I'm having a problem using esql in a logic sheet.  Please keep in mind
I'm using Cocoon 1.82 so cocoon 2.x solutions won't help :(

Here's the logicsheet

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet
xmlns:xsp="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Core";
xmlns:esql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2";
xmlns:xspdoc="http://apache.org/cocoon/XSPDoc/v1";
xmlns:fourc="http://foo.4charity.com/fourc";
version="1.0">
<!-- This template copies the root elements for processing by -->
<!-- other logicsheets as necessary. Also, various class-level -->
<!-- code and package imports may be done here. -->
<xsl:template match="xsp:page">
<xsl:copy>
<xsl:apply-templates select="@*"/>
<xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>
<!-- This template defines the tag "greeting:hello-world" -->
<xsl:template match="fourc:test">
<!-- more complex XSLT is possible here as well -->
<xsp:logic>
String msg = "Poop Really Smells!";
</xsp:logic>
<greeting><xsp:expr>msg</xsp:expr></greeting>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="fourc:categories1">
<xsp:logic>
        <Categories>This Worked</Categories>
</xsp:logic>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="fourc:categories">
<!-- more complex XSLT is possible here as well -->
<xsp:logic>
        <xsp:content>   <!-- I've tried not using the content tags too-->
        <Categories>
                <esql:connection>
                        <esql:pool>default</esql:pool>
                        <esql:execute-query>
                                <esql:query>select * from AWARD_CATEGORY</esql:query>
                                <esql:results>
                                        <esql:row-results>
                                                <Category>
                                                        <CATEGORY_ID>
                                                                <esql:get-int
column="CATEGORY_ID"/>
                                                        </CATEGORY_ID>
                                                        <DESCRIPTION>
                                                                <esql:get-string
column="DESCRIPTION"/>
                                                        </DESCRIPTION>
                                                </Category>
                                        </esql:row-results>
                                        <esql:no-results>
                                                <user>No Results</user>
                                        </esql:no-results>
                                </esql:results>
                        </esql:execute-query>
                </esql:connection>
        </Categories>
        </xsp:content>
</xsp:logic>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="@*|node()" priority="-1">
<xsl:copy>
</xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

both <fourc:test/> and <fourc:categories1/>  work fine, however
<fourc:categories/>  just returns the raw esql xml and never hits the
database.

Any ideas out there??

here's the xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
<?xml-logicsheet href="logicsheet.categories.xsl"?>
<xsp:page xmlns:xsp="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Core";
xmlns:fourc="http://foo.4charity.com/fourc";>
        <page>
                <fourc:categories/>
        </page>
</xsp:page>

Also a WORKING XML file that does the same query as I want to do in
the logicsheet.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
[...]

HELP!!!

Mahalo!

--
Mahalo,
 Russell                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
-Our President