Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> > From: root [mailto:root] On Behalf Of Christian Zoffoli
> >
> > Alex McLintock wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi folks,
> > >
> > > I'm trying to find satisfactory versions of Cocoon and XIndice which
> work
> > > together.
> > >
> > [cut]
> >
> > my little how-to
> >
> > 1- copy batik-libs,xerces,xalan,xml-apis from
> > $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/libs to $CATALINA_HOME/lib
>
> ???
>
> Christian:
> Please, explicitly specify which tomcat version you use. Otherwise, you
> are going to screw lots of innocent newbies.

you are right:

tomcat 4.0.3-LE

> Newbies:
> Read newest install instruction from the Cocoon 2.0.2 (due in several
> days; instructions now available at
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-cocoon2/src/documentation/xdocs/in
> stalling/index.xml?rev=1.16&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup) before
> trying to follow any of the instructions on this list.
>
> > 2- add export CATALINA_OPTS='-Djava.awt.headless=true
>
> This is for JDK1.4 *only*

>From the original message:

---------------
I am told that I need a CVS version of cocoon rather than the latest
release - but the CVS snapshots don't currently work.
(I am using Xinidice 1.0 and Tomcat 4.0something on RedHat Linux 7.2,
and
Sun's JDK 1.4)
---------------

> > -Duser.language=en' at the beginning of $CATALINA_HOME/bin/catalina.sh
>
> If I'm not mistaken, this applies to the Xalan 2.3.1 only.

...in fact, we are talking about cocoon 2.0.2-dev

> > 3- add -Djava.endorsed.dirs=$XINDICE_HOME/java/lib to
> > $XINDICE_HOME/config/vm.cfg  (note: expand $XINDICE_HOME with the real
> > path!)
>
> This is also for JDK1.4 *only*.

...Alex uses JDK1.4

...I'm only reporting my personal experience with cocoon2.0.2-dev,
xindice 1.0, jdk 1.4 & tomcat 4.0.3/4.0.4b1 .
I have no intention to screw innocent newbies ;) .

Christian