I am dynamically creating thumbnailed JPEG images through an XSP --> XSL (which
creates the SVG) --> svg2jpeg serializer pipeline.  However, Cocoon does not cache the
generated images in the filesystem, and since the original images are huge,
uncompressed TIFF files, the transformations take a really long time.  I looked at the
src for the SVGSerializer and noticed that the implementation for the methods
generateKey() and generateValidity() are stubbed out.

Is there any way, then, to make Cocoon cache the generated images? And also, does
Cocoon cache objects such as images and movie files in memory or in the filesystem? I
wasn't quite sure from the documentation in cocoon.xconf.

Thanks.

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the
convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape! http://shopnow.netscape.com/