Here is my problem:
i have several similar directories structures containing XML datas, for
each customers I have (customer1/, customer2/, customer3/)
I need to apply the same pipeline on one directory tree, depending on a
request parameter:
when I have "URL?customer=IBM", i need my pipeline to get infos from
somewhere inside the customer1/ directory
when I have "URL?customer=Microsoft", i need my pipeline to get infos
from somewhere inside the customer2/ directory.

I wonder how I can get that.

I tought about an action that sets a variable {customerRoot} depending
on the request parameter "customer".
And my pipeline builds all its URLs using this variable.

Or a pipeline that matches any pattern, tests the requestparameter with
a selector and makes a "map:read" to
an internal pipeline, and with a "src" containing the good customerRoot
string

Or a session-parameter set by I do now know who :-)

I presume that pointing to a different directory structure depending on
a parameter is classic.
I just would like to know which option you would use.