> >      public CacheValidity generateValidity() {
> >           return new TimeStampCacheValidity(documentTimestamp);
> >      }
> > or
> >      public CacheValidity generateValidity() {
> >           return new DeltaTimeCacheValidity(10);
> >      }
> >
> > If I am not mistaken, the ESQL statements will be performed
> > anyway in both cases.
>
> You are mistaken. XSP will be executed only when returned
> validity is null or not valid anymore (for the same key), or
> this is the first execution.

That is very good, I think we will be basing the caching on
DeltaTimeCacheValidity mostly.
But now I have to ask, how does the first example with
TimeStampCacheValidity actually work? It is dependent on an ESQL
statement to look up the variable documentTimestamp. In that case it
must perform the ESQL statements first? Is there a difference between
how DeltaTimeCacheValidity and TimeStampCacheValidity is handled?

Regards,
Rune,
Trondheim,
Norway