If u use just xsp:expr, it will treat the o/p as parsed  string , if you require the contents to be treated as a XML fragment, you need to do as listed below

Include util logic sheet and use the <util:* >tags

===

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsp:page xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp" xmlns:util="http://apache.org/xsp/util/2.0"><page>
<util:include-expr><util:expr><xsp:expr> com.plumcreek.junk.XSPTest.testMethod()</xsp:expr></util:expr></util:include-expr>

</page></xsp:page>
===

accordia, inc

34347 Maybird Circle

Fremont, CA 94555

650 279 1137

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The information contained in this communication is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to this email and then delete it from your system. Accordia Inc. is neither liable for the proper and incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt

  <xsp:expr>com.plumcreek.junk.XSPTest.testMethod()</xsp:expr>
</page></xsp:page>
===

Here's the code for the class:

===

package com.plumcreek.junk;
public class XSPTest {
 public static String testMethod(){
  return "<p>This space for rent.</p>";
 }
}
===

I am expecting this string: "<p>This space for rent.</p>", but instead, what I get on my page is "&lt;p&gt;This space for rent.&lt;/p&gt;".

Is there a way to tell XSP to not tweak the returned string to make it "xml-safe"?

Environment: Win2K, jdk1.3.1, cocoon 2.0

Larry