Hi Michael,

Try to put the rdf namespace declaration in stylesheet tag like this:
<xsl:stylesheet . . . xmlns:rdf="http://my.netscape.com/rdf/simple/0.9/";>

and then in your xsl templates refer to elements from this namespace with rdf: prefix:
<xsl:template match="rdf:some_element">

PS: Of course, you can declare it with another prefix.

Hope it helps.

Best regards
        Roman