I've been load testing my cocoon app with jmeter and I think I've found a
SQLTransformer bug.
My (MS SQL Server) JDBC driver was complaining about attempts to use various
objects after they had been closed (Connections, ResultSets and Statements).

In Query.execute() I think this bit should be removed:
            } finally {
                conn.close();
                conn = null;        // To make sure we don't use this
connection again.
            }

as it's incorrect to close the connection before you've finished with the
ResultSets, Statements etc.
The connection is closed later when SQLTransformer.executeQuery() calls
Query.close() anyway.

I know Connection.close() doesn't really close the connection to the DB
(because its a pooled connection it just allows it to be recycled), but I
think its reuse under load does cause problems. By removing these lines I
was able to get my app to work correctly under heavy loads on a dual CPU
Windows 2000 box.