From: "Yuri Gadow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > Try with <br name="br"/>
>
> If you mean an XSLT using that syntax (otherwise, I guess I'm missing
> something), I'm afraid that doesn't help.

It's a hack to get Netscape 4 to use that tag.

If I write:

   ciao<br/>
   ciao</body>

in Netscape 4.7 I get:

ciaociao

but if I write this:

   ciao<br name="br"/>
   ciao</body>

I get:

ciao
ciao

I can also write <br whattheheck="myhackytag"/> and it's the same, the trick
is putting in an attribute.

In this way Netscape 4 can show valid XHTML, which is IMHO better anyways
than <br>.

Just write a stylesheet that converts adds an attribute to <br/>s and copies
all other stuff, and you're done.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -