From: Mark S. Kent [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 10:27 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: LanguageException error on startup (Coc2.0.2,Tomcat3.2.2)

We are trying to start Cocoon 2.0.2 using Tomcat 3.2.2 and getting the
following error upon the first attempted load of the default samples page:

--------------  begin snip  ------------------
Cocoon 2 - Internal server error
----
type fatal
message Language Exception

description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Language Exception:
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Could not load
class for program 'org/apache/cocoon/www/sitemap_xmap' due to a
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap

source Cocoon servlet

stack-trace

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Language Exception:
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Could not load
class for program 'org/apache/cocoon/www/sitemap_xmap' due to a
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.createR
esource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:335)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(Pr
ogramGeneratorImpl.java:291)
        at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:270)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:498)
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Could not load
class for program 'org/apache/cocoon/www/sitemap_xmap' due to a
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java.JavaLanguage.loadProg
ram(JavaLanguage.java:186)

--------------  end snip  ------------------

The files in the webapps/cocoon folder are the originals from the build (no
changes made).

Can anyone help? I've checked the FAQ and install notes and followed the
instructions and have provided a listing of "tomcat/lib" here:

-rw-r--r--    1 tomcat   dev        330474 May 28  2001 ant.jar
-rw-r--r--    1 tomcat   dev        217923 May 28  2001 jasper.jar
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root      1808883 Apr  4 22:34 parser.jar
-rw-r--r--    1 tomcat   dev         40810 May 28  2001 servlet.jar
drwxr-xr-x    3 tomcat   dev          4096 Apr  9 09:58 test
-rw-r--r--    1 tomcat   dev        430434 May 28  2001 webserver.jar
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root       108484 Apr  9 09:20 xml-apis.jar

Is there any plans to create a true "forum for these discussions as opposed
to a mailing list?  I'd prefer forums for ease of use (not to mention how
much it cuts down on emails...)

Mark