> From: Rick [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
> thanks for your prompt reply, Vadim. i apologize for my poor choice of
> words (and i call myself a WRITER! sheesh!).

:)

> by "incoming" i meant "sauntering gaily down the pipeline". for
example,
> i want to take "kazoo.xml", a static file lurking on my disk, slurp it
> with a FileGenerator,

Ok, here we have got a problem. IIRC, we were talking about XSP
generator here. XSP generator is *generator*, which basically means that
it *generates* XML, in SAX world it means that it is XMLProducer. By
definition, generator can not *consume* XML coming from any other source
(in SAX world - it can not be XMLConsumer).

> and then mess it about with some Java logic -- but

You could write transformer for this. I even thought one time about
transformers in XSP, based on something like STX, but found that I do
not have enough time to implement this.

> (so far) i haven't found a way to do that.

And this is good, otherwise I will be surprised ;)

Vadim

> OTOH, you've shown me a useful technique for other applications, so
> merci encore.
>
> rw
>
> On Mon, 2002-04-29 at 13:44, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> > Define "incoming XML" here. Is it XML posted as http request's body?
Or