Something's wrong at your site.

I've just checked both 2.0.3 and 2.1 branches: JSP samples work just fine.
The only thing I can advise is try to update Cocoon to 2.0.3 and check the
well-formedness of the source XML (no need for <?xml ?> header there).

My config: Win NT 4.0, JDK 1.3.1, Tomcat 4.0.1, Cocoon 2.0.3 and 2.1 from
CVS.
No tweaking with jasper-compiler or /lib/ext directory.

--
Konstantin Piroumian
[EMAIL PROTECTED]