Not knowing how to write a reader or a serializer I think I'm going to have to run a
batch process, something like the following in BASH/Perl and sabletron (because it was
installed.)

DIR=/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-3.3.1/webapps/cocoon/content

ls $DIR/*.xml > /tmp/xmlfiles

        for i in `cat /tmp/xmlfiles`
                do
                        sabcmd $DIR/base64tiff.xsl $i $i.64tiff
                        perl -MMIME::Base64 -ne 'print decode_base64($_)' <$i.64tiff
>$i.tiff
                        convert $i.64tiff $i.jpg
                done

My stylesheet -simple

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

<xsl:template match="/">
                <xsl:value-of
select="//ContentItem/Encoding[@Notation='base64']/DataContent"/>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

However, all of my tiff base64 files have <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
prepended to them - I'm curios as to wether or not their is a way to avoid this at the
top of xsl processed files using standard xslt techniques?

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 03:50:16PM +0100, Ricardo Trindade wrote:
> From: "Ricardo Trindade" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: decoding base64 tiff files embedded in XML
> Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 15:50:16 +0100
>
> there is a transformer that removes some nodes from XML and changes them
> with links. I think you could use this aproach.
>
> For the actual transformation I imagine you can use some library that does
> that without a lot of effort... sun used to have a java imaging package...
>
> You could code a sitemap element (perhaps a reader) to call shell commands,
> but you would loose all portability and gain dependencies on external
> stuff(perl,etc..)

John G. Moylan

pub  1024D/A5B03E9B 2002-04-24 John G Moylan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
     Key fingerprint = 4859 3C71 2CA6 99CF 62D9  5960 6613 5049 A5B0 3E9B
sub  1024g/0EF26151 2002-04-24 [expires: 2003-04-24]