> From: Morrison, John [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
> > From: Vadim Gritsenko [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> > > From: Morrison, John [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> > >
> > > I'm trying to use the header selector, but I keep dropping through
> > > to the default (jpeg).  Does anybody have a clue what I'm missing/
> > > doing wrong?  The {1} and {2} files exist I just keep getting a
jpeg
> > > even though I have both the svg plugin and png support!
> >
> > Have your seen your logs? ;)
>
> Me?  Logs?  Na ;)
>
> > Other thing: are you sure that you have:
> >
> >   Accepts=accepts('image/svg-xml')
> >
> > In the HTTP header?
>
> The fact that browsers would tell me that they understand svg (IE has
> the plugin) is wishful thinking me thinks :(

...and syntax of the header is different from what you are trying to
use.

> > > I'm (as usual ;) using the head of cvs and the latest beta of TC
4.

> > > <map:match pattern="*/*">
> > >  <map:generate src="data/{1}.xml"/>
> > >  <map:transform src="charts/{2}.xsl"/>
> > >  <map:select type="header">
> >
> > <map:parameter name="header-name"
> > value="accepts-or-whatever-you-need"/>
>
> Thanks, I took this from somewhere in the cvs tree, I'll find it
> again and fix it.

That's was Stefano's conceptual paper, should not be taken literally :)
Nobody written AcceptMatcher yet which will know accept header semantic.

> In the mean time...
>
> <log>
> HeaderSelector: Header: 'accept' getHeader='null' values='*/*'
> HeaderSelector: Header: 'accept-language' getHeader='null'
values='en-gb'
> HeaderSelector: Header: 'accept-encoding' getHeader='null'
values='gzip,
> deflate'
> HeaderSelector: Header: 'user-agent' getHeader='null'
values='Mozilla/4.0
> (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)'
> HeaderSelector: Header: 'host' getHeader='null'
values='localhost:8080'
> HeaderSelector: Header: 'connection' getHeader='null'
values='Keep-Alive'
> HeaderSelector: Header: 'cache-control' getHeader='null'
values='no-cache'
> HeaderSelector: Header: 'cookie' getHeader='null'
> values='ASPSESSIONIDGGGGGGGH=GZSTWTCCDIFRFLWAAIHXISQBPQQQHAQL'
> </log>
>
> all the getHeader requests return null (output from a hack to enum all
> header names, getHeader value and getHeaders values), which is
worrying
> 'cause elsewhere in the code...

Hm. Something is broken? What about 2.0.3?

> <code>
> String value =
ObjectModelHelper.getRequest(objectModel).getHeader(name);
> if (value == null) {
>  getLogger().debug("Header '" + name + "' not set -- failing.");
>  return false;
> }
>
> return value.equals(expression);
> </code>
>
> Which (I read as) this selector can never work...?
>
> Also, I find it worrying that the 'accept' header's values are "*/*"
when
> I think it should look like:
>
> IE: "image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg,
> application/vnd.ms-excel, application/msword,
application/vnd.ms-powerpoint,
> */*"
> Mozila:

"text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/pla
in;q

=0.8,video/x-mng,image/png,image/jpeg,image/gif;q=0.2,text/css,*/*;q=0.1
"