Andrew,

that message was hidden in the noise. "Trolling" references, "cathedral and
bazaar" mentions and other off-topic subjects did not help you, guys, to
deliver the message. I'm left with the mixed feeling. At the end, I see that
people recognize the issue and think of solutions, but at the same time the
first reaction ("He's giving up? Let him go.") is shocking. Also, repeating
theme from many developers is MONEY, every other message advises me to pay
MONEY. It's all off-topic. I'm amazed how experienced USENET, FIDO people
were lost in off-topic. Forget "Cathedral...", there's an issue. Solve it.
We are not Free Software Prophets, we are programmers. Let's be pragmatic.

I'm not complaining, it's just my poor English :)