gv wrote:

>I'm pulling some existing web page content into my
>Cocoon app by simply mapping a URI in Cocoon to an
>HTTP URI. I'm using a Reader with the mime-type set to
>"text/html"; works fine. I also tried a FileGenerator
>and Serializer, both type "html", which also works.
>Which is the preferred way to handle this, and are
>there significant advantages/disadvantages to either
>approach?

I think the Reader is faster. The FileGenerator actually "needs" XHTML,
(e.g. <br /> instead of <br>). Which means I would use the Reader if you
just
want to pull through common HTML, or even better use Apache (or Tomcat)
itself,
which is even faster.

But please better let my statements be confirmed.

Michael