> From: Mark S. Kent [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
> OK.  I stopped Tomcat and removed the entire $TOMCAT_HOME/work folder
and
> restarted Tomcat.  Everything looked fine in the Cocoon log files
after
> starting Tomcat until I attempt the first access of the main Cocoon
start
> page, then the log files start showing the following error lines (not
all
> are shown for brevity and bandwidth's sake):
>
> in access.log:
> ERROR   (2002-07-25) 13:44.38:280   [access](/cocoon/)
> Thread-13/CocoonServlet: Problem with servlet
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Language Exception:
> org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Could not
load
> class for program 'org/apache/cocoon/www/sitemap_xmap' due to a
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap
>     at

org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.cre
ateR
> esource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:335)

This is ProcessingException thrown in the ProgramGenerator. Original
exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException. Can you find its
stacktrace? It should be right below stacktrace of the
ProcessingException.

> What else can I try?  It has to be something simple at this point or a
> conflicting pathname/library/jar with an existing app.  *sigh*

You can try Tomcat 4.0.4

Vadim