I removed the pizza jar (and removed its entry in
jars.xml, rebuilt and I still can't access the Search
the Docs section in the samples. It seems that all XSP
pages do not work. Is pizza required for this? It
seems like it is required for anything XSP.

The error I am getting now is:
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Lookup of
generator for role 'serverpages' failed.:
org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException:
UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not find the
component for hint: serverpages

Is there another 2.1 branch I can use? I was using
2.0.3 but was getting errors when trying to index some
xml docs using the indexer you can run from the
"Search the Docs" section.

--- Vadim Gritsenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > From: icewind [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> >
> > I got the latest cocoon code out of CVS and built
> it.
> > (latest as in today)
> >
> > Things seem to work fine, except when I go to
> > the Docs" in the samples section. When I do that,
> > get the error I have attached below.
> >
> > It seems to have something to do with pizza. I
> tried
> > to copy the pizza jar file to
> $TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib,
> > but I still get the same result.
>
> Pizza is optional. Remove pizza from lib/optional,
> build clean, build
> -D... webapp.
>
> PS Cocoon 2.0.4-dev works ok for me.
>
> PPS Do you want to fix bugs in Pizza? Contact guys
> at
> pizzacompiler.sourceforge.net
>
> Vadim
>

> > I am working with Tomcat 4.0.3, JDK, 1.3 and the
> > latest cocoon from CVS.
> >
> > Here is the error... (I cut some of the lines out
> > keep this short)
> >
> > rg.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException:
> > java.lang.NullPointerException
> >  at

org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServerPagesGenerator.setup(ServerPagesGener
> ator.j
> > ava:210)
> >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.setupPi
> peline
> > (AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:367)
> >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipe
> line.s

etupPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:289)
> >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process
> (Abstr
> > actProcessingPipeline.java:474)
> >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SerializeNode.invoke(
> Serial
> > izeNode.java:146)
> >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.
> invoke
> > Nodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:83)
> >
> > ... cut ...
> >
> > java.lang.NullPointerException
> >  at

net.sf.pizzacompiler.compiler.Namer.findMethod(C:\pizza\main\src\net\sf\
> pizzac
> > ompiler\compiler\Namer.pizza:306)
> >  at

net.sf.pizzacompiler.compiler.Namer.resolveSelectFromType(C:\pizza\main\
> src\ne
> > t\sf\pizzacompiler\compiler\Namer.pizza:648)
> >  at

net.sf.pizzacompiler.compiler.Attr.attribSelect(C:\pizza\main\src\net\sf
> \pizza
> > compiler\compiler\Attr.pizza:1572)
> >  at

net.sf.pizzacompiler.compiler.Attr.attribExpr(C:\pizza\main\src\net\sf\p
> izzaco
> > mpiler\compiler\Attr.pizza:1359)
> >  at

net.sf.pizzacompiler.compiler.Attr.attribExpr(C:\pizza\main\src\net\sf\p
> izzaco
> > mpiler\compiler\Attr.pizza:1113)
> >  at

net.sf.pizzacompiler.compiler.Attr.attribStat(C:\pizza\main\src\net\sf\p
> izzaco
> > mpiler\compiler\Attr.pizza:692)
> >  at

net.sf.pizzacompiler.compiler.Attr.attribStats(C:\pizza\main\src\net\sf\
> pizzac
> > ompiler\compiler\Attr.pizza:750)
> >  at

net.sf.pizzacompiler.compiler.Attr.attribDef(C:\pizza\main\src\net\sf\pi
> zzacom
> > piler\compiler\Attr.pizza:472)
> >  at

net.sf.pizzacompiler.compiler.Attr.attribDef(C:\pizza\main\src\net\sf\pi
> zzacom
> > piler\compiler\Attr.pizza:424)
> >  at

net.sf.pizzacompiler.compiler.Attr.attribute(C:\pizza\main\src\net\sf\pi
> zzacom
> > piler\compiler\Attr.pizza:355)
> >  at

net.sf.pizzacompiler.compiler.Main.process(C:\pizza\main\src\net\sf\pizz
> acompi
> > ler\compiler\Main.pizza:228)
> >  at

net.sf.pizzacompiler.compiler.Main.compile(C:\pizza\main\src\net\sf\pizz
> acompi
> > ler\compiler\Main.pizza:309)
> >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java.Pizza.compile(Piz
> za.jav
> > a:114)
> >  at

org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java.JavaLanguage.comp

http://health.yahoo.com