Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>>From: ROSSEL Olivier [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>>

>>>Is anybody working on a XPath selector or XPath matcher?
>>>

> These are not possible. Matchers, selectors and actions are processed
> *before* pipeline starts. They are used to *assemble* pipeline, and
> invoked when pipeline is not *completed* yet.
>
> What you can do is to write Transformer to react on XML, and if you use
> full-blown XPath, it will be DOMTransformer --> be prepared to buy more
> memory (it depends on intensity of your site, of course).

Do you mean that I use a pipeline with a transformer to generate a
new "request" and then call with this new request a resource or another
pipeline?

In More detail

Original Request:  article2523423.xml

Pipeline with Transfomer (XPath) generates new request:
article2523423.xml?language=en
(where the XPath might be /article/meta/language)

Resource resp. new another Pipeline matches to language=en
(A resource can't be matched!?)

> If you want, you can go through -dev archive, this was discussed
> multiple times.
>

>>>I have situations where I would like to select the pipeline or
>>>at least the XSLT depending on the value of an attribute within the
>>>generated XML.
>>>
>>If there is no such mecanism in Cocoon, you can code your XSLT
>>
> stylesheets
>
>>so they make the test by themselves.
>>

> That's another option - do the same in XSLT.

That is certainly an option, but I rather not put the matching/selecting
mechanism into the XSLT. But if the approach from above does not work,
then I probably will :-/

Michael