I have unit tests for all my xslt.

I'm not using XSLTUnit (which is a fine program)--in my case, for each
xslt file, I have a one or more test input files and corresponding
reference files which are the expected result when I run the transform.
I use file names/extensions to group them:

myScript.xslt
myScript.simpleTest.xml
myScript.simpleTest.ref
myScript.complexTest.xml
myScript.complexTest.ref

I use a combination of batch jobs and ant scripts to match up the files,
run the tests, and compare the results.

I don't always do test-first--sometimes it's just easier to test your
code inside your app.  So what I often do is write the code, test it in
the app, and then write the tests.  I then back out my change, and run
the tests again.  The tests should fail--if they don't, I've done
something wrong in my test code.  I then reintroduce my changes one bit
at a time, and make sure sure my tests start to succeed again.

I think unit testing xslt's is a great thing.

HTH,

Steve