Lars,

SQL Server 7 or 2000? To use SQL Server 7 you'll need to purchase a JDBC driver, as
there are no free ones that I'm aware of. If you're using SQL Server 2000, then there
is a
JDBC driver supplied by Microsoft, that you can use. Once you've got your JDBC driver
set up, getting it to work with Cocoon will be the same as connecting to any other
database.

[note - haven't actually done the above, so I can't give you a more indepth howto].

Regards, Upayavira