Nice question! Its very hairy! :)

I resolved it using this sitemap:

<!--Paginas HTML de Base de Datos -->
      <map:match pattern="*-*.html">
        <map:act type="auth-protect">
                    <map:parameter name="handler" value="agshandler"/>

            <!-- catálogos -->
            <map:match pattern="*-*.html">

                <!-- Crear -->
                <map:match type="request-parameter"
pattern="cocoon-action-Crear">
                    <map:act action="crear" type="form-validator">
                        <map:parameter name="descriptor"
value="docs/{../1}-form.xml"/>
                        <map:parameter name="validate-set" value="add"/>
                        <map:act type="dbAdd">
                            <map:parameter name="descriptor"
value="docs/{../../1}-form.xml"/>
                            <map:parameter name="validate-set" value="add"/>
                            <map:generate src="docs/{../../../1}-confirm.xsp"
type="serverpages"/>
                            <map:transform src="stylesheets/agssa.xsl"/>
                            <map:serialize/>
                        </map:act>
                    </map:act>
                </map:match>

                <!-- Actualizar -->
                <map:match type="request-parameter"
pattern="cocoon-action-Guardar">
                    <map:act action="actualizar" type="form-validator">
                        <map:parameter name="descriptor"
value="docs/{../1}-form.xml"/>
                        <map:parameter name="validate-set" value="update"/>
                        <map:act type="dbUpd">
                            <map:parameter name="descriptor"
value="docs/{../../1}-form.xml"/>
                            <map:parameter name="validate-set" value="add"/>
                            <map:generate src="docs/{../../../1}-confirm.xsp"
type="serverpages"/>
                            <map:transform src="stylesheets/agssa.xsl"/>
                            <map:serialize/>
                        </map:act>
                    </map:act>
                </map:match>

                <!-- Borrar -->
                <map:match type="request-parameter"
pattern="cocoon-action-Borrar">
                    <map:act action="borrar" type="dbDel">
                        <map:parameter name="descriptor"
value="docs/{../1}-form.xml"/>
                        <map:generate src="docs/{../../1}-confirm.xsp"
type="serverpages"/>
                        <map:transform src="stylesheets/agssa.xsl"/>
                        <map:serialize/>
                    </map:act>
                    <map:generate src="docs/{1}-{2}.xsp" type="serverpages"/>
                    <map:transform src="stylesheets/agssa.xsl"/>
                    <map:serialize/>
                </map:match>

                <!-- Todo lo demás -->
                <map:match pattern="*-*.html">
                    <map:generate src="docs/{1}-{2}.xsp" type="serverpages"/>
                    <map:transform src="stylesheets/agssa.xsl"/>
                    <map:serialize/>
                </map:match>

           </map:match>
        </map:act>
      </map:match>

I know this is not the best, but it works! ;) The problem with actions-set in
2.1 is resolved in this way. Just get the lastest CVS.

BTW, I call (like in the tutorial) this sitemap with "cli-crear.html"

cli = clients (a table or form)
crear = create (an action)

I hope it can helps you.

Regards,