I'm still struggling with this problem.  Let me try to
state it more clearly:

I would like to write XML to a file.  My XML contain
namespaces.  I declare the namespaces in the root
element, just the way I would like it to be in the
file and surround my XML with "source:write" tag.
However, SourceWritingTransformer seems to be dropping
the namespace declarations and writing everything
else!

Is this is a bug within the transformer or is there
another way of getting the namespace declarations
written out?

I would appreciate any help.

-Alex