Thanks a lot.  I red some of these documentation.

I think the main problem is a linux file permission problem.
I've changed some permissions to some files and folders and it seems that
the deploy is being done at startup (following the eclipse debug
console).  Now I have some other problems while trying to browse.
If I cannot solve them I'll tell you.

-- Mauro

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Antonio Gallardo Rivera wrote:

> OK, I am using the same plataform like you:
>
> Red Hat 7.3 (lastest updates)
> J2SDK 1.4.1 (from Sun)
> Tomcat 4.1.12
> Cocoon 2.1 (lastest CVS), before I used well 2.0.3 from distribution.
>
> 1-The process of install is well documented in:
>
> http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/installing/index.html
>
> 2-Some tips:
>
> a) Check you have configured the variable $JAVA_HOME
>
> You can check this just writing on the command prompt:
>
> echo $JAVA_HOME
>
> b) If you will use Java 1.4:
>       Create %JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\endorsed directory.
>       Copy xerces-XXX.jar, xalan-XXX.jar, and the xml-apis.jar from the .\lib\core\
>               to the %JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\endorsed\ directory.
> c) If you want to use Cocoon with JDK 1.4, you have to download the source
> distribution and build it by hand.
>
> Please read it the document carefully and feel free to ask back :)
>
> Regards,
>
> Antonio Gallardo
>

> El Martes, 01 de Octubre de 2002 14:21, Mauro Daniel Ardolino escribió:
> > Hi! I think I'll go mad.  About a week ago I was trying to install cocoon
> > on tomcat on windows: I couldn't and I thought it was a windows problem.
> > Some of you were trying to help me.
> >
> > Now after some changes I am working on RH73.  I've installed Tomcat 4.1.12
> > and still can't make cocoon to deploy.
> >
> > I downloaded the cocoon 2.0.3 binary distribution, and put the cocoon.war
> > inside the <tomcat_home>/webapps folder.  I restarted Tomcat and nothing
> > happens.  The folder "cocoon" does not apear inside "webapps" and of
> > course I'm not seeing the http://localhost:8080/cocoon presentation page.
> >
> > I feel really stupid.  What am I doing wrong (again)?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > -- Mauro

Ing.Mauro Daniel Ardolino
Departamento de Desarrollo y Servicios