On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Ivelin Ivanov wrote:

> I don't know of a quick appropriate way.
> Most Cocoon components will not accept invalid XML format.
> One way is to extend the WebServiceProxyGenerator and modify the code to
> prepend the xml header.

Ivelin,

Of course, just after I sent that message, I find the code for
WebServiceProxyGenerator and find the line that looked for the <?xml
version="1.0"?> line :)  Thanks for the pointer.  I'll probably mod WSPG
to work around the problem specific for the server I'm trying to contact.
I'll probably get in touch with the server admin, too, and bug them ;)

Regards,
Tony Collen

Tony Collen -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
College of Liberal Arts   University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, West Bank