Some more tips:

1-Sometimes helps too. Shutdown all Java app you are using.

2-rebuild 2 times. I dont know why but its helps:
        ./build.sh -Dinclude.webapp.libs=true \
                -Dinclude.scratchpad.libs=true installwar
        ./build.sh installwar

(It looks like in the first build make some packages that are needed somewhere
before, this is why I need to rebuild the second time).

3-Try to stop Cocoon and delete work and webapps/cocoon

I thing there is a bug in the build.xml, and sometimes it goes mad like you ;)

Antonio Gallardo