May be you are right :) but in:

http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/developing/webapps/authentication.html

You will find: <session:getxml>
and not <session:get-xml>

This is the reason I choose the name:

<xsp-session:getxml>

I am newbie in Cocoon. I let to the Cocoon developers the work of choose the
right name.

BTW is very easy to change the name of the tag, go to line number 152 in
session.xsl and change the original line:

<xsl:template match="xsp-session:getxml">

with this line:

<xsl:template match="xsp-session:get-xml">

Antonio Gallardo