Hy;

First let me tell you: I like the idea of merging cocoon and struts, because i see both technologies to be helpfull also in conjunction...

Omar Tazi wrote:
If you like the MVC aspect in Struts and like the flexibility provided by XML/XSLT, and don't like the limitations that come with JSPs, check out our Framework. It's called OXF (Open XML Framework). OXF is the result of our combined passion for Cocoon and Struts/J2EE and our involvement in huge enterprise projects. It will dramatically help you in your tasks (listed below). Good luck!

But i am also a bit confused. I'm following the discussons in this mailing list for about a week now and this is already the second mentioning of a product/component (whatever) that claims to be an on top of cocoon development. But when i enter the pages mentioned
above, it is very hard to find the backpointers to cocoon as the base component...

Despite that all this stuff sounds very interesting, but i get more and more unshure how to proceed. Some questions rise in my mind:

1.) Why are all such nice and nifty add ons developed all outside of cocoon ?
2.) When i move to such an add on component, how can i enshure to keep up with the releases of cocoon (taking adavantage of the enhancements done there)? 3.) Why can't i find pointers to these add ons from the cocoon pages ?

There is sooo many good software around the world and cocoon for me is one of the finest. Why does not all this effort take place at the heart but is cluttered around in several loosely coupled or even uncoupled add on projects ???

And now my final question (to come back to the technical part):
Why is it so complicated to use struts and cocoon in parallel?
As far as i understand the concepts of cocoon, i can embed JSP's
in it's workflow, and if a jsp itself uses struts, why not???
Although i haven't tried yet, for me these things seem to be coexisting without problems ...

Any enlightments on these points are happily welcome...
best regards, Hussayn

--
Dr. Hussayn Dabbous
SAXESS Software Design GmbH