On Saturday, Nov 16, 2002, at 19:10 Europe/London, Alessio Sangalli wrote:

Perhaps it has already been discussed, but I didn't find any reference to this in the mail list archives.
Set it up in the relevant serializer in the map:components/map:serializers section of your sitemap like this:

<map:serializer logger="sitemap.serializer.xhtml" mime-type="text/html" name="xhtml" pool-grow="2" pool-max="64" pool-min="2" src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer">
<doctype-public>-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN</doctype-public>
<doctype-system>http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd</ doctype-system>
<encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
</map:serializer>

This is an example of setting up the xhtml serializer.

Now, when I have:

<map:serialize type="xhtml"/>

at the end of my pipeline, my documents get that DOCTYPE.

hope this helps

regards Jeremy