From: "Scott Warren" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2002 3:45 PM
Subject: Re: XMLForm UI Builder

Senhaji,

An easy way that I have achieved this is to generate an XML document
that has all the information (Java Bean properties + code, Form Elements
etc) then I created a number of XSL Documents that take the XML doc and
produce the JavaBean code, XMLForm.XSP, Validation Descriptor.XML etc.
Then all you need to do is change the layout of the XMLForm as
needed...... I use Ant to generate the files from the XML but you can
use a Cocoon pipleine to generate the files.

Hope this helps

Scott Warren

Senhaji wrote:

Hello,

I've just finished playing with the XMLForm wizard example. I've learned

lot of good concepts such as the separation between the content, the
presentation and the validation in the form building process. After that,

started looking for an XMLForm builder that would help me speed up the

form

building process. But without success! How can I explain to the

management

that even building a simple Form with C2 will take ~3 days of

development?

not easy -).

It could be very nice if from a form builder one can generate all the
necessary files for C2 (JavaBeans, XSL for transforming XMLForm widget to
HTML or whatever widget, XSL for the form layout, XML schema for
validation,...).

Are there any works in this area ?

Thanks in advance,

Senhaji