Hi,

I am trying to write my own logicsheet which uses esql to fetch some data
from a mysql database. This works fine as long as the xsp-page itself does
not use esql. However, when I also want to use esql in the xsp, I get a lot
of 'duplicate definition of variable' errors. How can I resolve this?

Thanks,

Andreas

Below are the logicsheet, the xsp file and the errors I get:

Part of the mm_logic.xsl file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet
  version="1.0"
  xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp";
  xmlns:session="http://apache.org/xsp/session/2.0";
  xmlns:mm="http://siemens.com/mm";
  xmlns:esql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2";
<!-- database access -->

<esql:connection>
         <esql:pool>mm</esql:pool>
         <esql:execute-query>
         </esql:execute-query>
      </esql:connection>
</category-list>
</xsl:template>-->

<xsl:template match="@*|*|text()|processing-instruction()">
    <xsl:copy>
        <xsl:apply-templates select="@*|*|text()|processing-instruction()"/>
    </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Part of the list.xsp

<xsp:page
        language="java"
          xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp";

xmlns:session="http://apache.org/xsp/session/2.0";
                                        xmlns:mm="http://siemens.com/mm";

xmlns:esql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2";>
<page>
<esql:connection>
        <esql:pool>mm</esql:pool>
      <esql:execute-query>
        </esql:execute-query>
    </esql:connection>
</category-list>

</page>
</xsp:page>

The errors I get:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Language Exception:
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error compiling
videolist_xsp:
Line 299, column 18:  duplicate definition of variable _esql_connections in
class org.apache.cocoon.www.xsp.videolist_xsp
Line 300, column 34:  duplicate definition of variable _esql_connection in
class org.apache.cocoon.www.xsp.videolist_xsp
Line 301, column 18:  duplicate definition of variable _esql_queries in
class org.apache.cocoon.www.xsp.videolist_xsp
Line 302, column 22:  duplicate definition of variable _esql_query in class
org.apache.cocoon.www.xsp.videolist_xsp
Line 303, column 25:  duplicate definition of variable _esql_exception in
class org.apache.cocoon.www.xsp.videolist_xsp
Line 304, column 25:  duplicate definition of variable
_esql_exception_writer in class org.apache.cocoon.www.xsp.videolist_xsp
Line 320, column 27:  duplicate definition of method
_esql_printObject(java.lang.Object, org.xml.sax.helpers.AttributesImpl) in
class org.apache.cocoon.www.xsp.videolist_xsp
Line 0, column 0:
7 errors

P.S.: I looked at the esql.xsl file. If I understand it correctly, the
global import statements and the global _esql_*-variables should only be
generated when a xsp:page tag is found - and there is only one of those.

   // Andreas Ebert, Corporate Technology, Siemens AG
  // E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] NEW!