Dear Ray, dear all,

thanks for the reply!

Ray Martin wrote:
Sir,
I too experienced that no one would give any answers.  But, i am wondering
if the cocoon-users mail list server is always behaving correctly.  i am
subscribed to the cocoon-users list, but this is the first time that i have
seen your message.  i did not receive any of your previous postings on this
question.
...and I have posted a lot.

i too got sendmail to work for me slightly.  however, i was never able to
get sendmail to authenticate or to attach a file.

i gave up on sendmail.  Instead i use an action in which i have some JAVA
mail client code.  Now i can control the code exactly to meet my
requirements.  i am no longer dependent on code that has no documentation
beyond a simple tutorial - which in its own self was very interesting - just
no clues as to how to proceed with such things as authentication and file
attachment.

if i can help in any way - a code snippet? - let me know. if you are going
to continue with sendmail, i cannot help.
YES PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW YOU DID IT. I am not married to sendmail.

You are right in saying the tutorial is not enough, because to attach something to mail is quite basic stuff you want to do with mail.

authentication is no point at the moment but it should be possible.

another subject - i know that you are talking about attaching a file to an
email.  but, while we are on the subject of attaching files.  if there is
ever a time when you want to attach a file to an HTTP request  (file
uploading) - cocoon does this automatically.  i was going crazy trying to
figure out how to do it - i accidentally looked in the cocoon upload
directory and there the file was - sitting right there as nice as could be -
kinda like magic.  i would like to know more about the class that was used
to parse the multipart form, but i have not been able to fidn it just yet.

good luck with sending emails,

Ray