Thanks all,
Please.... please contribute to the page on specific database connections on wiki.
It's pretty simple:
1. go to http://outerthought.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=SpecificDatabaseConnection
2. see what others like you have done. Copy one of them in a new page you create
3. Adapt it to the specifity of Ms SQL connection and add tips that you have learned

If someone had done it before, Maxime wouldn't have needed to ask for the solution to the group.

Christopher Watson wrote:

Maxime

1)

When I last got the drivers there were 3 jars, namely
msbase.jar
mssqlserver.jar
msutil.jar

Try putting all 3 jars into cocoon's WEB-INF/lib

2)

For mssql add following lines (between ... ...) to in WEB-INF/web.xml
within
<init-param>
<param-name>load-class</param-name>
<param-value>

<!-- For mssql2000 Driver: -->
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

3)

Add following jdbc element within <datasources/> in cocoon.xconf

<jdbc name="my_sql2000_cocoon_datasource">
<pool-controller min="5" max="10"/>

<dburl>jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://localhost:1433;DatabaseName=mydatabase
</dburl>
<user>sa</user>
<password>mypassword</password>
</jdbc>

assuming database on Server: localhost
Port: 1433
Database: mydatabase
and user and password as specified
please edit as necessary

4)

You can now (after restarting servlet engine) do something like
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsp:page language="java"
xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp";
xmlns:esql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2";

<page>
<esql:connection>
<esql:pool>my_sql2000_cocoon_datasource</esql:pool>
<my_table_element>
<esql:execute-query>
<esql:query>
select fld1 as myfield1, fld1 as myfield2 from mytable
</esql:query>
<esql:results>
<esql:row-results>
<my_row_element>
<my_column_one_element><esql:get-string
column="myfield1"/></my_column_one_element>
<my_column_two_element><esql:get-string
column="myfield2"/></my_column_two_element>
</my_row_element>
</esql:row-results>
</esql:results>
<esql:no-results>