From: Christian Haul [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: woensdag 18 december 2002 10:18
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Using input modules

On 18.Dec.2002 -- 10:00 AM, Vermeulen, Francis wrote:
> can anyone tell me how to make a sitemap recognize the use of an input
> module? I followed the documentation about using modules literally, but
the
> sitemap generator does not seem to recognize the syntax. Here is the
> fragment of my sitemap:

Unfortunately, you don't tell us which version you are
using. InputModules are available only in 2.0.4 and 2.1.

> <map:resources>
>       <map:resource name="controller">
>
>               <map:generate type="serverpages"
> src="docs/templates/controller.xsp">
>                       <map:parameter name="event" value="action" />
>               </map:generate>
>               <map:transform type="cinclude"/>
>               <map:transform src="stylesheets/{attribute:style}.xsl" />

Please check that your cocoon.xconf provides a module names
"attribute". Some have been renamed, request attributes are now
available through "request-attr". If the docs say different, could you
send a patch, please?

>               <map:serialize type="html" />
>
>       </map:resource>
>  </map:resources>
>
> The idea is to use a request attribute ("style") - set before the pipeline
> is processed - to define the stylesheet to be used. However, the generated
> sitemap Java code still handles the "{attribute:style}" as a regular
> substitution by calling "substitute(list, "{attribute:style}")" while I
> would have expected a call to the corresponding input module.

This is handled inside the substitute method.

> It's also not clear from the doc when the sitemap expects an input module,
> e.g. when is "attribute" recognized as an input module and when as an
output
> module?

The sitemap only handles InputModules. OutputModules are used
currently in some actions and transformers.

        Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
[EMAIL PROTECTED]