J.,

I just installed "myapp" under Tomcat 4.1 and got the same error you
did.  I'm not enough of a Servlet API expert to know for sure, but it
seems to be an API conflict.  For now, I recommend using Tomcat 4.0.6
to run the myapp tutorial.

-- jack

John R. Callahan, Ph.D.
CTO
Sphere Software Corporation - The Intelligence of XML
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
410-772-9740 x1116
509-532-1536 (efax)
410-598-2157 (cell)