--- Antonio Gallardo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> 1-The <esql:more-results> is is not a mandatory issue. It is just an
> optional tag that you can use.

  I did not have the need for this, so I will assume its okay, my code works
without this.

> 2-The <esql:skip-rows> and <esql:max-rows> are also optionals that means
> that it will not triggered if you dont request it.

    Apparently one of them is not optional, if it was, I would not brought this
up as an issue.  If you recall my original posting on this:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=104069369318391&w=2
I could not run same ESQL code on Tomcat4.1.12 but yet it works fine on Tomcat
4.0.1.
    Can you perhaps verify an ESQL(XSP file) like I had posted without the
<esql:skip-rows> and can you post what the result is? Without this element on
mine, it will not work.

> By the way I dont see a case when you will request 0 rows in the
> <esql:max-rows>. I the worst case you will need to set it just to control
> if the are some rows. Then you will need to request almost 1 additional
> row (0+1) to check for additionals rows in the returned recordset.

  Umm, I was referring to <esql:skip-rows> being zero, not <esql:max-rows>.  In
the test I just did, I did not include <esql:max-rows>, so its not needed. I
also tried <esql:max-rows> 3 and I did get 3 rows, not 4 and since I have to
have skip-rows minimum set to 1, it printed rowid's 2,3 & 4.  Anyhow, it seems
confusing to remember one more rule having to add 1 for the count.

> This way it will be faster for every database manager because database
> manager mainly stop when they already have filled the requested amount of
> rows. And returns after they get the maxrow you requested. As you can see
> this is the faster method I know to trigger the more-results.

   No comment on this portion. I dont really know the logic behind.

  Just wanted to know, what are the file sizes for your OracleEsqlQuery.java,
JdbcEsqlQuery.java, EsqlHelper.java, and PostgresEsqlQuery.java? just for my
reference.

Regards,
aps

http://mailplus.yahoo.com