From: Sushil Bhattarai [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 6:46 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: xsl parameter

Hi

This is more of a xsl question but it relates to cocoon so I thought of
putting it here.

I'm trying to capture parameter passed by user in xsl stylesheet. In my
sitemap, I've declared the following:

<map:match pattern="service1">
    <map:generate src="" type="file"/>
    <map:transform src="">
    </map:transform>
    <map:serialize/>
  </map:match>

Now, when I pass a variable, lets say location in the browser like this
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/service1?location=Nepal my goal is to capture
the value of the location in the stylesheet. I've declared parameter
location in my stylesheet like this

<xsl:param name="location"/>

I was hoping that <xsl:value-of select="$location"/> would give the the
value of location, which in this case is Nepal. But it does not. What is the
proper syntax? Any xml-xsl gurus out there?

Sushil