"Sebastian Gil" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
opriqa1bv0m7k2hg@localhost">news:opriqa1bv0m7k2hg@localhost...
> On Wed, 8 Jan 2003 22:40:37 -0000, Renaud Bruyeron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>

> > I am facing a weird problem with the SQLTransformer.
> > This happens with cocoon 2.0.4 on jdk1.3.1 running in Tomcat 4.1.12
>
> Tomcat doesn't contains the required  libraries for J2EE datasources by
> default. Check
> your %CATALINA%/common/lib for commons-dbcp.jar, commons-pool.jar.
> Also commons-collections.jar should be upgraded.

Negative. This is tomcat 4.1.12, which supports J2EE datasources of course.

It's using commons-collection 2.1 (like cocoon).
As for commons-dbcp and commons-pool, they are part of 4.1.12 in common/lib
The j2ee datasource works, I use it in straight JSPs in the same webapp, and
I have evidence that the SQLTransformer is also able to use it (see my

I don't see why this could be the problem. cocoon is retrieving the
DataSource object (java.sql
package) from JNDI and is able to get a connection and run the query (and
get a non-empty ResultSet).
But it does not send down sax events.

On the other hand, if using a cocoon-managed connection pool (via
Avalon-Excalibur), it works.

I don't understand why it should make a difference to cocoon. Maybe some
weird classloader issue?

 - Renaud