An interesting concept that, "too open-source"...?
Is this perhaps the opposite of Microsoft't "too closed-source"??
And, all due respect here, Andreas, but what you are saying is that
your programming team (a) does not know Java and (b) does not want
to learn it - which is fine, of course, but lets not pretend t!hat the
alternative choices are significantly easier or better.  It's simple not
true - but let's not debate that here.  What is true is that Cocoon as
a platform builds and, yes, relies on the strength of a number of
components (but its modular design means that it is not, of course,
dependant on them).  Some may see this as a weakness.  I, and
I am sure others, see this as a strength.  If you want to put all your
eggs in one basket.... good luck

PS and in the software world there are no guarantees. period.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 23/01/2003 02:43:46 >>>
Hi There,

I would completely enjoy using a port of cocoon for .NET. Following the
newsgroup since 6 month there are many topics inside cocoon that could
be mastered by .NET easilly without the overhead you have in java. Hope
that somebody will start such a project and gives us a framework
consisting of an XMl/XSL/Filter mechanisms with a smaller footprint. We
also decided not to use cocoon. It is simply to complicated to fit a new
team prgrammer and the whole thing is too "open source". Nobody is
really responsible, nobody can guarantee that next releases will give
exactly the same API ... Of course this is one weakness of Microsoft
too, but an independant programmer team could make a strong competitor
to cocoon :-)

Andreas Bednarz
education-one GmbH

--