This got bounced, so I am sending it in two bits:

First bit has the tomcat files:

I have a jk mount set up via my mod_jk.conf file. I have tomcat do the work
automagically for me and just use an Inlcude line in apache to make sure it
grabs the info. I also checked and can access cocoon from
http://granite:80/cocoon. There is a screen shot that I am attaching that
might not come through, but it will show you exactly what I see when I
connect. And, here are my relevant files:

auto config file from tomcat:
/usr/local/tomcat/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf:

########## Auto generated on Thu Jan 23 17:06:43 MET 2003##########

<IfModule !mod_jk.c>
  LoadModule jk_module /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so
</IfModule>

JkWorkersFile "/usr/local/tomcat/conf/jk/workers.properties"
JkLogFile "/var/tomcat/logs"

JkLogLevel info

<VirtualHost granite>
    ServerName granite

    #################### granite:/cocoon ####################

    # Static files
    Alias /cocoon "/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/cocoon"

    <Directory "/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/cocoon">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.jsp
    </Directory>

    # Deny direct access to WEB-INF and META-INF
    #
    <Location "/cocoon/WEB-INF/*">
        AllowOverride None
        deny from all
    </Location>

    <Location "/cocoon/META-INF/*">
        AllowOverride None
        deny from all
    </Location>

    JkMount /cocoon/*.html  ajp13
    JkMount /cocoon/servlet/*  ajp13
    JkMount /cocoon/*.jsp  ajp13

    #################### granite:/manager ####################

    # Static files
    Alias /manager "/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/manager"

    <Directory "/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/manager">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.jsp
    </Directory>

    # Deny direct access to WEB-INF and META-INF
    #
    <Location "/manager/WEB-INF/*">
        AllowOverride None
        deny from all
    </Location>

    <Location "/manager/META-INF/*">
        AllowOverride None
        deny from all
    </Location>

    JkMount /manager/*  ajp13
    JkMount /manager/servlet/*  ajp13
    JkMount /manager/*.jsp  ajp13
</VirtualHost>

my tomcat server.xml:
/usr/local/tomcat/conf/server.xml:

<!-- Server Configuration File -->

        <Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig"
                                jkLog="/var/tomcat/logs/" jkDebug="info"
modJk="/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so" />

        <Service name="granite-tomcat">
    <Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0">

      <!-- Global logger unless overridden at lower levels -->
              prefix="catalina_log." suffix=".log"
directory="/var/tomcat/logs"
              timestamp="true"/>

      <!-- Because this Realm is here, an instance will be shared globally
-->

        <!-- Define Default Virtual Host - should be localhost's name -->
        <Host name="granite" address="10.144.230.58:80" debug="0"
appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true">

        <Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig"
                        jkLog="/var/tomcat/logs/" append="true"
forwardAll="false" jkDebug="info" />

                        directory="/var/tomcat/logs/granite"
prefix="granite_access." suffix=".log"
                        pattern="common"/>

                        directory="/var/tomcat/logs/granite"
prefix="granite_catalina." suffix=".log"
                        timestamp="true"/>

        </Host>

        </Engine>
</Service>