Sorry Richard,

I totally forgot to reply...

Including a simple remote source is simple using the cinclude transformer:

<data xmlns:cinclude="http://apache.org/cocoon/include/1.0";>
<cinclude:includexml>
    <cinclude:src>http://itsunshine/tamino/blah</cinclude:src>
</cinclude:includexml>
</data>

But, as I understand you right, you want to "embed" a full site in a coplet,
so, you have to maintain the state (= the web page the user currently wants
to see of the embedded site). Which means, you have to store the correct
uri somewhere in the session and do a:

<data xmlns:cinclude="http://apache.org/cocoon/include/1.0";>
<cinclude:includexml>
    <cinclude:src>URI_FROM_SESSION</cinclude:src>
</cinclude:includexml>
</data>

You can get and set this URI, e.g. using the session transformer and
the getxml/setxml commands.

However, after you include the external source, you have to rewrite
all links contained in this resource so that they go first to cocoon
because the portal (or precisly the coplet) needs to know which link
the user has clicked in order to include the correct page the
next time the portal is redrawn.
I have not thought abouth how to do this, but I think there were
several people here on the list a while ago who did exactly this
step. Perhaps they can help you more?

HTH
Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler