Hy, Robert;

Robert Simmons wrote:

> I don't think that the word "newbie" is such a stigma. People know when they
> are newbies and not. Rarely do people take it offensively unless its an

You may be right, that people have been used to the word "newbie". What
brought me off from this title were two points:

1.) Looking at the history of the word "newbie" i got a bit uncomfortable
     with it. Not that i wouldn't say newbie any more, but i'd prefer
     to keep the documentation more ... let's say "professional" ?

2.) As you state yourself this documentation effort makes it's start with
     the concerns of "beginners". But it may affect also the rest of the
     documentation. Hence the title "Cocoon Competence Center"
     seems to be more adequate and promising ...

>What I would like to see now is a style guide for XML documents that will be
>common to all published cocoon info. In this manner we can apply a standard
>XSLT transform to all documents and the writers would just be using XML to
>accomplish the task. This would give us allot of flexibility. What I am

I think you are right, but i'm afraid, we could go on discussing for weeks...
The reason why i started with wiki was the very strong recomendation to
start with what we have and move slowly and iteratively towards the better
world of total cocoonisation ...

There is no doubt, that eventually the documentation shall find its way into
something better publishable, either by cocoon or whatever appropriate.
All of this has been discussed in the proposal

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=104369287706014&w=2

If there is an infrastructure right at hand,that allows me to start of with
producing content immediately, i would be happy to switch. Until then i follow
the guidance of the more experienced cocoon users and developers and
write my docs in Wiki. If this approach is replaced tomorrow, it's ok for me.
I even stated in the proposal, that we need the step of clearification and
then decide what to do. Let's take the Wiki-approach as an experiment...

regards, Hussayn

--
Dr. Hussayn Dabbous
SAXESS Software Design GmbH