Sorry!

Could we stop this talk about USA vs. Europe.
I have a German and U.S. citizenship and I'm sad how the relationship is
developing right now.
Pointing out the weaknesses and advantages of these "cultures" won't
improve it.

;-)
Jonny

This electronic message contains information from the mmo2 plc Group which
may be
privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use
of the
individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient
be aware
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
information
is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error,
please notify
us by telephone or email (to the numbers or address above) immediately.

|         |           Miles Elam       |
|         |           <miles@pcextremis|
|         |           t.com>           |
|         |           01/31/03 08:08 AM|
|         |           cocoon-users     |

Niclas Hedhman wrote:

>I think I would agree with your initial assessment that there may be
>underlying values that infuence the mind set. Exactly what it is, I am not

>sure, but I don't think it is Microsoft in this case.
>Perhaps more reasonable is the "overall american attitude" of "I'm the
best,
>I'm the greatest, I'm gonna get rich.", which promotes "proprietaryship"
and
>"commercialization" of good ideas.
>Europeans at large are more modest and humble, and have stronger need of
being
>"part of" than "in control of".

Hey!  Let's not get all morally superior here least someone bring up the
location of the two largest wars in the last century.

And let's not forget that there are a few natives of the United States
patching the Linux kernel, working on the various BSDs, hanging around
on these lists, etc.

"Modest and humble" indeed...  ;-)

- Miles