Von: Andrew Timberlake [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Gesendet: Freitag, 31. Januar 2003 16:50
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: xsp-element equivalent to xsl:param?

Thank you for the compliment but it was only through bumping my head
against many a brick wall that I learned anything.

To convert your string into a Date object, you simply invert the process
on the SimpleDateFormat object

Date myDate = (new
SimpleDateFormat("MM/dd/yyyy")).parse(request.getParameter("date"));
This method needs the request parameter to arrive in the correct format
though and therefore invalidates the need to format the date in the way
you been up until now.

Now this is where the <esql:parameter> tag comes in handy. Instead of
using the #Formated dat string# format you can pass the date object
directly to the esql parameter:

<esql:parameter><xsp:expr>myDate</xsp:expr></esql:parameter>

Andrew

--
Andrew Timberlake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>