Hi,

This is the second announcement I've seen for this project. I must say, from what I've seen of it it fills a large gap in the open source enterprise software arena. Have you considered using the Incubator to get this into Apache? Forrest is a good example of a Cocoon-based project that has done the same.

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks

Steven Noels wrote:

Hi all,

we've just released the 1.1 version of xReporter, our open source
Avalon/Cocoon-based database reporting framework, available from
http://xreporter.cocoondev.org/

xReporter consists of 2 main components:

* an Avalon Phoenix-based query server, which is configured through
XML-based report definitions, and is accessible across an XML/HTTP interface
* a Cocoon front-end generating configurable HTML, PDF, Excel and CSV
renditions of your database reports, thanks to the wonders of FOP, POI
and some Cocoon drudgery

New things in this release:

 - a new skinning system to make it easy to implement your own look &
   feel without extensive XSLT coding
 - support for grouping in report definition and visualisation
 - a simplified and configurable build system
 - various other little fixes and patches

xReporter is released under an Apache-style license, and we welcome
contributions and patches. There's a live demo available on the project website, too.

Have fun,

</Steven>