what about simply reusing the userlist from the cocoon-dev, cocoon-user, cocoon-doc mailing lists and allow write access only to these
registered users ?

That should make life easy...
I think, authors, who are NOT members of one of the mailinglists,
cant be serious authors, because there is no feedback chain ...

as a small benefit we even could associate the emailadress to all
the wikiauthors, who have NO wiki name ;-)

regards, hussayn