hi there,
   it worked!!!and yup these is a better way to do it..much easier than
typing evrything next to build in dos prompt in case of windows user
like me!!I missed the war option because i don't think it being
mentioned anywhere.Even in the wiki where i looked for helped i did find
a link there:
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Cocoon2.1DevSetupWin2000
...which mentions the old way of building the 2.1-dev code..which was
what i was following..for these past 1 whole day:(

you need to add your comments to it..it helped a lot.
and most of all ,thankQ very much...for your **2 cents**;)
regards,
Gautam

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 03/16/03 01:15PM >>>
Gautam,

The build system has been changed recently.

To get the war file, run the following command:

build war

The build is now set up with blocks, so you can
include / exclude functionality a lot more easily.
This also makes it easier to build cocoon without the
samples or documentation.

The full story is contained in the INSTALL file.

HTH

/mde/
just my two cents . . . .