I am getting an xml page
back but it is not the same as what I would see.  What is happening is
that I have a login form that submits to this page.  In this page I run
a query to validate login.  In the xml that I get back I am seeing
invalid login but in the actual html that is produced the login is
validated.  That is why I am saying the xml does not match up.

Possibilities: 1. your xslt is in error -- it always produced validated login 2. There's caching going on. You can check this by entering a valid login and invalid login and seeing what you get back in xml.

it'd be easier to tell if you post the xml and the xslt.

I-Lin Kuo, Ann Arbor, MI
Macromedia Certified ColdFusion 5.0 Advanced Developer
Sun Certified Java 2 Programmer
Ann Arbor Java Users Group (http://www.aajug.org)