Now a question for people knowledgeable about Flow:

We have a flow script:

cocoon.load("resource://org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/ xmlForm.js");

function genericFlowScript(xform)
{
        var bean =
                {
                        memberOne: "default value",
                        memberTwo: "more default values"
                }

xform.setModel (bean);

        xform.sendView ("collectInfo","collect.xml",
                        function (xform) { var bean = xform.getModel(); });

xform.sendView ("confirm","verify.xml");

        xform.finish ("mail","mailAction");
}

The URI mailAction is matched by a pipeline separate from the flowscript pipeline, since it's dispatched by an XSP rather than an XForm transformer.

Unfortunately, I don't see a clear way to hand this off since by breaking out of the flowscript pipeline, I've lost context.

Thus, it is not clear to me how one would implement a system where a user fills out a form, the form's contents are processed and sent to a receiver*. I suppose one could call out to Java mail jar from inside the flowscript, but that seems inelegant to me.

----
Bill Humphries
http://www.whump.com/moreLikeThis/

* Any flames about open relays and spam-hazards from the sendmail logicsheet will be cheerfuly deleted as I am aware of the issue.